Stellantis Pro One has done an unprecedented full van lineup renewal, featuring the world premiere of 12 nameplates across the van segments of Citroën, FIAT Professional, Opel, Peugeot, and Vauxhall.
‘Six Brands, One Force’ is the motto for the new vans in all segments (Compact, Mid-Size, Large): New Citroën Berlingo, Dispatch, Relay; New FIAT Professional Doblò, Scudo, Ducato; New Vauxhall Combo, Vivaro, Movano; New Peugeot Partner, Expert, Boxer; New Ram ProMaster EV by end of 2023
New tech features across the range include:
- Renewed cockpits
- New 10-inch infotainment system
- 18 upgraded Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS), moving the vans up to Autonomous Level 2
- 100% connectivity as standard
- e-PTO (electric Power Take off) is a new, innovative solution, that enables the usage of the traction battery for conversions
- 100% of the new vans will be connected by the end of 2023 and shall recieve over-the-air updates from 2026 onward.
With a focus on unparalleled capability, safety, and versatility for business and professional customers, Stellantis revealed a full range of renewed, electrified compact, mid-size, and large commercial vans – 12 vehicles in total – for the Citroën, FIAT Professional, Peugeot, and Vauxhall brands as part of the Pro One strategic offensive for the Stellantis Commercial Vehicles Business.
Stellantis and its brands are leveraging an extensive range of advanced electrified propulsion methods, safety equipment, ADAS and connectivity technologies to provide a stress-free environment for drivers, and be a reliable business partner for commercial owners.
“This 2nd generation of zero-emission vans, in line with customer expectations and offering increased BEV autonomy, additional fuel-cell offer, 18 ADAS, full connectivity, and innovations such as ‘electric Power Take Off’, will reinforce even further our current leadership in BEV vans and in all van segments,” said Xavier Peugeot, Senior Vice President, Stellantis Commercial Vehicles Business Unit.
Currently, Stellantis is the undisputed leader in zero-emission transportation solutions in commercial vehicles in Europe, offering both BEV and fuel-cell options in many areas. The renewed commercial vehicle lineup heralds the 2nd generation of zero-emission technologies with its arrival, including in-house EV battery systems that deliver much greater range with no compromise in capability.
The next generation of BEV propulsion provides the new compact vans with best-in-class range of up to 330 kilometers (205 miles). In these new mid-size BEV vans, the battery packs offer 50 or 75 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of energy and up to 350 km (224 miles) of driving range. In the large van segment, a 110-kWh battery delivers the unrivalled EV range of up to 420 km (261 miles). Additionally, the incredibly fast charging rate of 150 kW will take the large van’s battery from 0 to 80% in less than a single hour.
The improvements also extend Stellantis’ leadership in the area of zero-emission hydrogen fuel-cell propulsion. A 2nd generation of hydrogen fuel-cell power to be used in the mid-size vans, scheduled to arrive in mid-2024, adopts a Stellantis exclusive mid-power system and provides a record in the segment of up to 400 km (249 miles) of range. Hydrogen fuel-cell propulsion will encompass the large vans in 2024 with the mid-power architecture, proving them a range of up to 500 km (311 miles) and a refill time of five minutes.
Additional technologies for the BEVs include:
- A regenerative braking system that is activated through steering wheel paddles, and takes into account the vehicle weight and road dynamics to maximize energy recovery.
- A heat pump in BEV compact vans optimizes the energy usage in cold and winter environments to maximize vehicle's range.
The true focus of the renewed range of vans is the driver, and so includes the following technologies:
- A new generation of human-machine interface (HMI) that enhances both productivity and safety. Instrument clusters and center displays are larger and able to be configured by the driver to suit their preferences.
- Dynamic Surround Vision uses exterior cameras that provide a wide view around the vehicle to aid navigating through traffic and crowded streets.
- Wireless connectivity, which is activated upon the vehicle's delivery, keeps drivers informed and managers connected with their fleets in real time. It enables available cost-saving service packs such as preventive maintenance, eco-drive coaching, EV routing and charge management. Over-the-air updates allow the vehicles to evolve alongside their users.
- In compact vans, a new Smartphone Station connects to a dedicated app that enables the phone to become a control panel for the vehicle, including being able to interact with steering wheel buttons, providing a cost-effective way to upgrade the online experience.
- In large vans, theres a class-leading Level 2 assisted driving solution thanks to the combination of Adaptive Cruise Control with stop-and-go function, Lane Centering and Traffic Jam Assist. Also, a new generation of the internal combustion engine joins with an 8-speed automatic transmission for improved range and capability.
- The all-new commercial vans are equipped with full LED headlights for outstanding vision and safety.
“The essence of our customer-centric renewal of our entire van lineup is no compromise – in range, capability, safety and connectivity,” said Luca Marengo, Global Head of Product – Serial Life for the Stellantis Commercial Vehicles Business Unit.
A 400V e-Power Take Off (ePTO) system provides electrification across the whole range of commercial vehicles without compromising the vehicle’s payload. The ePTO draws its power from the installed traction battery as opposed to requiring the aid of separate power source.
The Ram brand commercial vehicle product lineup will face a renewment in North America with the upcoming electrified van and pickups, including the Ram ProMaster EV by the end of 2023 and the Ram 1500 REV in late 2024. The future portfolio includes hydrogen fuel-cell technology.